The Assistant/Associate Professor in School Counseling will be expected to teach on-campus and online graduate courses in the school counseling program. This position will supervise distant school counseling internships, as well as advise graduate students. This position will also be expected to provide service and leadership to the College, University, profession, and community through committee work, task force membership, faculty governance, P-12 outreach, and/or general community service.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Terminal degree or ABD (“All but Dissertation”) in school counseling or closely related field (ABD candidates must be able to complete their degree within one year of hire)
• Recent teaching experience in higher education
• Experience providing mental health services to children and adolescents
• Ability to teach online graduate courses in school counseling
• Ability to engage in scholarly activities including research, publishing, or professional presentations
Montana State University Billings (MSUB) will only consider applicants for this position who are authorized to work in the US. MSUB will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Experience teaching P-12 schools
• Higher education online experience
• Experience supervising internships and practica