Enrollment Services Program Assistant (Part-time, 12 months)
Opening Date: August 9, 2019
Review Date: August 23, 2019
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Lummi Main Campus
Salary: $14.77 per hour (.525 FTE, 21 hours/week)
The salary placement upon hire will be based on the selected candidate’s education and relevant work experience as outlined in the job announcement and the established salary schedule for the classification of the positon to be filled.
SCOPE OF WORK
This position is responsible for knowledge of the course implementation process, running reports, and managing the graduation application process. The incumbent is fully-qualified to handle assigned undertakings with a minimum of supervision and direction at a level exemplified by the typical work described within this specification. The Program Assistant will independently advise students, faculty, classified staff, and/or the public regarding the policies and activities of the Enrollment Services department and has the responsibility for maintaining extensive contact with students, off-campus individuals or groups or agencies in carrying out program activities. Under the general direction of the Registrar, positions at this level also exercise decision making authority. The Program Assistant is responsible for running reports, using spreadsheets, and maintaining databases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of and assistance with data entry of quarterly Course Schedule information into Jenzabar database.
- Enter and process CEU course implementations and registration forms.
- Ensure the current process for receiving and documenting CEU forms and items needed to ensure completion of a CEU file is maintained.
- Assist the Registrar in running CEU specific reports for faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Assist the Registrar is running missing data specific reports to enter and process missing student data in Jenzabar.
- Provide assistance in developing, maintaining and revising Enrollment Services procedures and processes.
- Assist with processing graduation applications according to procedure before sending them to the Registrar for evaluation, completing mail merges, and sending letters to students in a timely way.
- Assistance with processing tuition waiver requests and any requests for student records or information and determine appropriateness of requests within the FERPA guidelines.
- Act as liaison for trouble-shooting enrollment problems as directed and as they arise.
- Provide student IDs as requested
- Assist with entering Incomplete Agreements and Grade Changes, maintain accurate spreadsheets for tracking
- Assist with filing enrollment related paperwork
- Provide customer service both in-person and over the telephone as the front desk contact of Enrollment Services
- Assist with official transcript requests and process as needed
- Support the catalog committee and provide updates as needed
- Communicate with faculty and staff to resolve issues and keep others informed
- Follow up and track the process for obtaining late grades from faculty.
- Other duties as assigned
There are no supervisory responsibilities assigned to this position
QUALIFICATIONS to perform the position successfully:
- High School graduate or GED certificate AND two years of applicable experience in the program specialty
Associate’s degree and one year of applicable experience in the program specialty (one year of additional specialized clerical experience may substitute for required education).
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and associated software, including familiarity with database programs and spreadsheets.
- Previous experience working in Native communities and with students.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be flexible and willing and able to multi-task and maintain professionalism.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials directly to the NWIC Human Resources Office only.
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the position qualifications
- NWIC Application
- NWIC Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) form
- Current and complete professional resume
- Copies of college transcripts (can submit unofficial copies at time of application)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons, who are not members of your immediate family, who have firsthand knowledge of your qualifications for the position
- If applicable to the position, provide copies of certificates/licenses/credentials
The job announcement and application forms are available online at www.nwic.edu/jobs or may be requested from and submitted directly to:
Northwest Indian College
2522 Kwina Road
Bellingham, WA 98226-9278