Library Technician I (Part-time, 12 months)
Opening Date: August 9, 2019
Review Date: August 23, 2019
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Lummi Main Campus
Salary: $14.77 per hour
Hours: Academic year schedule:
Monday-Thursday 3:45-9:00 pm
Summer hours to be determined
The salary placement upon hire will be based on the selected candidate’s education and relevant work experience as outlined in the job announcement and the established salary schedule for the classification of the positon to be filled.
SCOPE OF WORK
This position is responsible for assisting patrons in use of library services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to college and library policies and practices, especially with respect to patron confidentiality and intellectual freedom.
- Assist patrons in finding information and materials and in use of library
- Check materials in and out.
- File alphanumerically.
- Prepare new materials for
- Use office and library equipment such as computer, telephone, fax, and copier/printer.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities assigned to this position
QUALIFICATIONS to perform the position successfully:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous work experience demonstrating an ability to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately and
- Ability to learn and follow
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Ability to operate office and library
- Ability to work well independently as well as a member of a
- Previous work experience in library setting.
- Previous work experience in a tribal
- Previous training or experience in first aid or as a first responder.
- Knowledge of or interest in Native American peoples, especially of the Pacific Northwest Coast
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials directly to the NWIC Human Resources Office only.
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the position qualifications
- NWIC Application
- NWIC Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) form
- Current and complete professional resume
- Copies of college transcripts (can submit unofficial copies at time of application)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons, who are not members of your immediate family, who have firsthand knowledge of your qualifications for the position
- If applicable to the position, provide copies of certificates/licenses/credentials
The job announcement and application forms are available online at www.nwic.edu/jobs or may be requested from and submitted directly to:
Northwest Indian College
2522 Kwina Road
Bellingham, WA 98226-9278