San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
RELATIONSHIPS & PARTNERSHIPS:
- Develops, maintains, and supports working partnerships with business, industry, the community and other educational organizations to promote San Jacinto College and to ensure adequate market penetration.
- Promotes the marketing of the services and training opportunities at local, professional, business, and industrial venues (e.g. business leaders, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, and professional associations) both individually and through direct supervision of CPD Program Directors.
- Champions and coordinates the development and delivery of CPD offerings, programs, and services that respond to the changing needs of community, business, and industry.
- Supports the expansion of regional partnerships and connections to enhance the breadth and image of Workforce Development programs with students and employers.
- Develops, on a regular basis, list of opportunities for training with various industries and specific companies targeted for contract development based on economic research of the region.
- Develops relationships with industry through contracts for future expansion into additional program areas.
- Serves as a leader and model for developing contracts.
- Serves as the leader and model for closing contract negotiations.
- Develops programs in partnership with CPD Program Directors and Dean, Community Outreach...
- Recommends strategies to meet the needs of a diverse community and student body.
- Works collaboratively across the CPD and the College to align offerings and scheduling in order to promote greater student access and increased effectiveness and efficiencies.
FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY, & PLANNING:
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff in CPD planning in accordance with the College's strategic plan and other college priorities.
- Leads the development and management of the CPD - Workforce Development budget in alignment with the College's annual priorities and ensuring operational costs are in line with relevant budgetary controls.
- Coordination of all aspects of the budget development, allocation, and management processes for the campus.
- Assists with the development of external funds and grants to support programs and projects. Regular participation in planning activities of CPD
- Actively seeks programmatic integration
- Uses knowledge of College wide dynamics and strategic alignment intent to recommend and develop programs.
- Manages the success of direct reports through performance management, developmental opportunities, and mentorship.
- Mentors direct reports in the areas of contract development, negotiation and closing.
- Fosters a functional climate that is consistent with the College's core values and promotes a college-wide approach.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education policies, principles, and organization.
- Results oriented and visionary qualities of a forward-thinking leader in an evolving environment.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, building, and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Proven track record of successful, performance-driven leadership.
- Success in leading various levels of faculty and staff, information systems, and data in the decision-making process.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience with diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to generate, identify, and implement opportunities to improve current programs and/or operations and close revenue-generating opportunities.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and non-technical academic programming.
Salary Grade: 34
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule(http://www.sanjac.edu/san-jacinto-college/salary-schedules)
Requisition Number: req1874
Posting Close Date: 7/23/2019
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in business, leadership, adult education, or related field
- Earned doctorate from an accredited institution
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams and supervising others with 3 years' experience facilitating seminars in workforce training, teaching in higher education or adult education focused on workforce training.