POSITION TITLE: Welding Instructor
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty, Associates Degree (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Vice President of Operations
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction and supervision of work experience activities of students enrolled in the TREND Welding Certificate program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and implement lesson plans in the Welding Certificate program.
- Prepare students to take and pass their AWS certifications.
- Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades, and other reports as required by administration.
- Evaluate student performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student assessment activities.
- Establish and monitor a work based learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student.
- Update and maintain curriculum in building trades to meet industry standards. Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
- Counsel and advise students enrolled in the building trades program. Maintain advisee file for each student.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.
- Maintain inventory of department equipment.
- Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
- Must communicate effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academics.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College. Promote the Welding Trades division of the TREND grant and implement BEST Practice.
- Associates degree in Welding Technology or other related field.
- Must have certifications through AWS.
- Minimum of five years of (current) experience in the Welding industry and know how to use updated technology in the field.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
- Must be eligible for State Career and Technical Education certification.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered