Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Social Work Instructor/Field Coordinator
(75% FTE)/Field Coordinator (25% FTE)
Location: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
Salary: Faculty, Master’s Level (Exempt)
Faculty, PhD’s Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Dean of Academics
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction, supervision, and leadership in the field education program through practice experience, field instruction experience, and administrative and other relevant academic and professional activities in the Bachelor of Social Work program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and teach social work courses.
- Promote and recruit students for the social work programs.
- Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades, and other reports as required by administration.
- Evaluate student performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student assessment activities.
- Establish and monitor a work based learning plan for each student enrolled in the social work program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student.
- Update and maintain curriculum in social work programs to meet industry standards.
- Complete program reviews per established five year schedule.
- Complete yearly program assessment for social work degree.
- Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
- Counsel and advise students enrolled in the social work program. Maintain advisee file for each student.
- Maintain inventory of department equipment.
- Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
- Must communicate effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events.)
- Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
- D. degree in Social Services area preferred; Master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program required.
- Minimum of two years’ practice experience in social work required.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs preferred.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered