Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Math Instructor
Special Service Program
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND 58538
SALARY: Faculty, Master’s Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Director of Student Services
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction in math, academic survival skills, and professional tutoring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and teach at a minimum 15 credit hours of remedial math courses in all communities served by SBC. If the courses do not file faculty will be required to teach other coursework as qualified.
- Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades, and other reports as required by administration.
- Evaluate students’ performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student assessment activities.
- Update and maintain appropriate course syllabi and outlines.
- Provide professional tutoring to students at a minimum of one hour per day, in addition to one office hour per day.
- Counsel and advise students.
- Provide a supplemental workshop(s) each semester for the student success series.
- Test new incoming students with SBC diagnostic/placement exam and maintain database records.
- Track remedial student statistics for Student Services.
- May be required to teach other courses, when the need arises, and after remedial course demands have been met.
- Maintain office inventory.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients, and visitors.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events, volunteerism.)
- Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Services.
- Master’s degree in education with 18 graduate credit hours in Math required. Master’s degree in Math preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching adult learners.
- Must be capable of fostering a positive self concept and motivation within students.
New hires are subject to Federal, State, Tribal background checks and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered