CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Specialist
(50% Title III/50% NAVTEP)
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Administrative, Level III (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Vice President of Operations
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible advising, mentoring and supervision of work experience activities of students enrolled in information technology program. Also responsible for coordinating design and development of online courses for students, faculty, and staff of Sitting Bull College and assist with training to provide the tools to use technology powerfully and appropriately as educators and leaders in a variety of educational settings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as advisor and mentor for the information technology students. Maintain advisee file for each student.
- Promote and recruit students for the information technology program.
- Participate in student assessment activities.
- Establish and monitor a work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student.
- Update and maintain curriculum in information technology to meet industry standards. Develop on-line curriculum for the information technology program.
- Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
- Provide support to faculty in integrating and teaching with multiple technologies in their courses, particularly those involving digital video, multimedia in presentations, access to educational web-based information and resources, and on-line communication tools.
- Research and recommend new application hardware and software for consideration for use in college courses and research projects.
- Train and coach new and intermediate level users in basic computer literacy (e-mail, web based inquiry, search engines and search techniques, communication and authoring tools, and evaluation skills), and multimedia presentation software and tools (i.e. PowerPoint, Photoshop, scanning, use of digital camera and video).
- Provide technology orientation for all new employees (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) along with monthly technology trainings for staff and faculty.
- Conduct technology seminars/classes for students, tribal agencies, and the public coordinating efforts through the College’s Continuing Education Program.
- Maintain inventory of department equipment.
- Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
- Must communicate effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events, volunteerism.)
- Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull CollegeQUALIFICATIONS:2. Must be eligible for State Career and Technical Education certification.4. Teaching experience preferred. New hires are subject to Federal, State, Tribal background checks and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. AA * EEO * M * F * B EmployerPlease submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to: Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
- 5. Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
- 3. Minimum of five years of experience in information technology.
- 1. Master's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related area preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered