Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Director, Division of Nursing
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty, Master’s Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Dean of Academics
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The Division of Nursing is directly under the supervision of the Dean of Academics. The Director of the Division of Nursing is responsible for providing instruction and supervision of work experience activities of students enrolled in nursing program. This position is 0.25 FTE for administrative role and 0.75 FTE for faculty role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the North Dakota State Board for Nursing for continuing approval of the practical nursing program. Maintain relationship with the Board and ND State accreditation.
- Maintain relationships with external organizations involved in nursing education (including CUNEA, ND Center for Nursing, ND University System)
- Prepare and submit a variety of reports to multiple agencies as indicated.
- Develop and maintain an environment conducive to the teaching and learning process.
- Update and maintain curriculum in nursing to meet industry standards. Update and maintain course syllabi as needed. Work with various faculty for the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Develops and maintains appropriate assessment mechanisms.
- Facilitate faculty recruitment, development, performance review, promotion, and retention.
- Preparation and administration of the program budget.
- Maintain inventory of department equipment.
- Promote and recruit students for the nursing program and for Sitting Bull College.
- Counsel and advise students enrolled in the nursing program. Maintain advisee file for each student.
- Prepare and teach courses in the nursing area.
- Evaluate student performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student assessment activities.
- Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades, and other reports as required by administration.
- Establish and monitor a work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) facilitate cooperative agreements with the practice sites; d) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; e) verification of hours completed by student.
- Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
- Participate in activities that facilitate maintaining the faculty members’ own nursing competence and professional expertise
- Must communicate effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events)
- Master's degree in Nursing required.
- Hold an unencumbered active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Dakota.
- Must be eligible for State Vocational Education certification in North Dakota.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the medical industry.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Federal, State, Tribal background checks and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to: Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered