Closing Date: Until Filled
Position Title: Clinical Nursing Instructor
Location: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
Salary: Faculty, Bachelors Level
Supervision: Dean of Academics and Nursing Director
Summary of Work:
The practical nursing program is directly under the supervision of the Dean of Academics. Faculty members work under the supervision of the Director of the Division of Nursing. The clinical nursing instructor is responsible for providing instruction and supervision of the clinical nursing experiences and the nursing course laboratory experiences of students enrolled in the practical nursing program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of the Division of Nursing and faculty to maintain ND State accreditation for the nursing program.
- In collaboration with the Director of the Division of Nursing and faculty assist with the implementation and evaluation of the practical nursing curriculum and program following a written plan and the Sitting Bull College assessment plan.
- Provide feedback on student policies.
- Assist with the nursing laboratory experiences.
- Evaluate student performance. Participate in student assessment activities.
- Maintain various reports such as attendance.
- Assist with monitoring the work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) providing feedback on objectives for the work experience; b) maintaining open communication with the work site supervisor and the student; c) verification of the hours completed by the student; d) evaluation of preceptors and the student learning experiences.
- Assist with maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching and learning process.
- Evaluate supervision effectiveness.
- Participate in activities that facilitate maintaining the clinical instructor’s own nursing competence and professional expertise in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Participate in other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events)
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- Hold an unencumbered active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Dakota.
- Must be eligible for State Vocational Education certification.
- Minimum of two years of experience in nursing practice.
- Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Federal, State, Tribal background checks and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered