This position is part of the Haskell Indian Nations University, Bureau of Indian Education (BIE). As an Instructor (Geography) you will be responsible providing college level instruction in the field of Geography to meet the education goals and objectives of HINU.
As an Instructor (Geography) GS-1701-11, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Demonstrates instructional skills that include the ability to explain difficult concepts and the ability to engage students of different abilities and backgrounds in learning course objectives.
- Possesses interpersonal skills when interacting with students in class, in the laboratory, office hours, and elsewhere on campus, and with other faculty members, and with college and university administration.
- Stays current with developments and trends in instructional and pedagogical fields.
- Participates in student retention efforts.
- Develops, implements, and maintains records for instruction, including syllabi consistent with course objectives, student proficiency and attendance records, and other materials consistent with course objectives and University policies.
- Develops criteria for testing, assignments, and other instruments to evaluate student proficiency.
- Possesses technical writing skills for university-level documents such as reports prepared for the College or University.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION YOU CAN ONLY DO SO THROUGH