Who are we looking for?
We are seeking someone who is excited about envisioning and co-leading our planned growth and expansion, who is passionate about working in deep collaboration with our sta, board, artists, and community, and who is deeply committed to the support and cultivation of Native American artistry. This person should work in an entrepreneurial way, suited to the daily operations of a small organization. New Native Theatre is excited to welcome candidates with a diverse array of backgrounds and skills, and we are excited to invest in your growth and professional development.
While not all required, we encourage candidates to apply who have the following:
● Experience with the Native American community, culture, history and stories
● A trauma-informed leadership approach
● Knowledge of capital campaigns and new performance spaces
● Proficiency with logistics and organizing tasks for a small group
● Experience with strategic planning in entrepreneurial environments
● Interpersonal communication skills
● Experience with developing plans for increasing earned revenue and contributed income in nonprofit organizations
● A familiarity with the logistics of theater production and operations
● Fundraising expertise with one or more aspects of nonprofit cultivation such as corporate sponsorships, foundation grants and individual donors.
What will you do?
The Executive Director administers the accounting, grant management, and budgeting. As part of a team, the Executive Director implements the business practices necessary to ensure an exemplary culture of professional artists and the priorities of the company. The Executive Director will act in collaboration with the artistic team.
As NNT is poised for growth and development, the The Executive Director will help build infrastructure and systems, to manage and budget for growth, and to populate our work with quality passionate individuals. The Executive Director reports to the Artistic Director and Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility
● Serve as chief fundraising ocer managing a part time grant writer
● Build and manage development infrastructure and fundraising capacity
● In partnership with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors, cultivate and steward relationships with funders and key individual donors
● Expand contributed revenue streams, especially grants and individual donors
● Lead upcoming capital campaign for a new performance space
Organizational Infrastructure & Business Administrative Management:
● Serve as chief financial ocer and chief operations ocer, working in collaboration with the Artistic Director
● Build, lead and continually develop a committed team with the expertise and networks to opportunistically realize artistic and operating goals and eciencies
● Co-lead agency's internal and external strategic communications and day-to-day operations of NNT’s communications and media relations
● Develop and implement a communication strategy, including media outreach and content creation, in partnership with a part time communications advisor
● Co-build, lead and continually develop a committed team with the expertise and networks to opportunistically realize artistic and operating goals and eciencies within the Minnesota Native community
● Co-create and carry-out a strategic plan to reach tribal communities out state and in the Twin Cities area; ensure communication with Native and broader audiences to attend NNT events.