This position is part of the Haskell Indian Nations University, Bureau of Indian Education. As a Supervisory Education Program Specialist you will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the Retention Specialists of the Haskell Student Success Center (SSC) in the Division of Academics.
As a Supervisory Education Program Specialist GS-1720-11, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Provide first-level supervision to four GS-7 Retention Technicians.
- Provide leadership in developing programs, interventions, and strategic initiatives to ensure student success and persistence. Work collaboratively with campus partners to implement.
- Provide supervision, leadership and mentoring of Retention Technicians, tutors and student workers in the Student Success Center (SSC) to ensure federal standards of ethics and promote teamwork, loyalty, devotion, commitment, and selfless service.
- Manage the Early Alert System (EAS). The EAS helps alert the retention specialist of students who have missed classes, medical/ personal issues.
- Work collaboratively with all university departments to identify incoming students who need additional support; develop and monitor academic plans accordingly.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE BY CLICKING THE APPLICATION LINK BELOW