The Division of Facilities Planning & Management (FP&M) is a full-spectrum service organization that builds, maintains, and operates the physical environment of the UW-Madison campus in support of the university's education, research, and outreach activities.
FP&M works behind the scenes to coordinate campus planning, manage design and construction, maintain and operate buildings and grounds, supply utility services, ensure health and safety, and provide parking and transportation services.
The Project Delivery Manager leads the in-house project delivery team. The team delivers critical renovations, remodels, and maintenance projects to support research and education in a wide range of facilities on a diverse campus. The position will lead and/or coordinate a team of construction managers, estimators, schedulers, trades supervisors, and trades staff delivering over 150 diverse projects annually. The position will develop strategies to improve project delivery. The position will build relationships across campus to include schools/colleges/divisions, other departments, contractors, and outside agencies.
Coordinates management of multiple related projects and/or ongoing operations, which are directed toward a common objective. Monitors the cost, schedule, and performance of component projects and operations while working to ensure the ultimate success of the program.
- 20% Creates a program plan and structure, monitors progress and performance against the program plan, and identifies, resolves, or escalates program risks and issues
- 20% Leads and manages efforts to determine and coordinate the sharing of resources among component projects to the overall benefit of the program
- 5% Manages the activities of outside contractors and vendors to ensure they are integrated into the program and that the organization receives satisfactory standards of service
- 5% Facilitates the estimation of program costs, resources, and time required to complete the overall program, monitors activities and budgets, directs and leads component project manager activities for consistency and alignment, and works with program leadership to ensure these targets are met. Follows established change control processes if targets can no longer be met
- 10% Prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the program within and beyond the program team, communicates program goals, risks, and status with program executive level, program sponsors, and stakeholders, and develops and uses appropriate dashboards, measures, and reporting tools
- 20% Sets priorities, allocates tasks, and collaborates with project staff to meet program targets and milestones. Manages the change control process and acts as the mid-level decision making authority
- 20% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing
conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees