Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Elementary/Early Childhood Instructor
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty, Master’s Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Director of Division of Education
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for curriculum development, providing instruction and supervision of student
teaching activities of students enrolled in elementary and early childhood education program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare and teach courses in the elementary/special and early childhood education area.
2. Promote and recruit students for the early childhood education programs.
3. Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades, and other reports as required by
4. Evaluate student performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student
5. Establish and monitor internship for each student enrolled in the program. This would
include the following: a) set up objectives for the internship; b) locate the site and
supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of
hours completed by student.
6. Update and maintain curriculum in early childhood and elementary education programs.
Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
7. Counsel and advise students enrolled in the early childhood education bachelor’s program.
Maintain advisee file for each student.
8. Maintain inventory of department equipment.
9. Must communicate effectively with others.
10. Other duties as assigned by the director Division of Education.
11. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
12. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
13. Serve on college committees as appointed.
14. Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural
15. Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
1. Ph.D. degree in Education preferred, Master’s degree in Early Childhood/Education
2. Teaching experience preferred.
3. Must be eligible for State Career and Technical Education certification.
4. Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol
testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * V Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed
and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy
of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered