POSITION TITLE: Distance Education Coordinator
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Administrative Level IV (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Dean of Academics
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Under direct supervision of the Dean of Academics, the Distance Education Coordinator is responsible for the development and operation of the College’s Distance Education courses and programs. The Distance Education Coordinator works with faculty and staff to promote distance education, alternative distance learning delivery methods, develop online courses shell, assess courses using QM standards, and provide student and faculty support services in the areas of instructional design/ technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create and maintain courses shell, assists users, and assists faculty and registrar with enrollments in the LMS for distance learning courses.
2. Oversee distance learning course review processes.
3. Assist in the development and maintenance of distance learning training materials.
4. Assist in providing faculty and staff professional development workshops.
5. Coordinates and implements instructional design projects from inception to completion.
6. Responsible for LMS course shell creation.
7. Coordinates and implements instructional design projects from inception to completion.
8. Directs activities to export and import distance education courses using the College’s LMS system.
9. Supports instructional design for faculty teaching on-campus and distance learning courses including development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices.
10. Directs faculty development activities in the design / production of learning materials in a variety of formats which would include print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching and learning, and college information needs.
11. Serve as primary contact for LMS support issues relating to distance learning courses.
12. Coordinate proctoring for instruction and accommodations.
13. Research and implement new technologies and emerging pedagogical standards in the field.
14. Ensures compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations for distance learning courses.
15. Determine program costs and works with appropriate College offices to arrange access to distance learning materials, programs, and appropriate student services.
16. Manages the evaluation process of distance learning support services, policies and operations.
17. Evaluates, processes and implements video teleconference programs and services for faculty, staff, and external groups by providing reports, assessments and other evaluative information.
18. Must communicate effectively with others.
19. Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics
20. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
21. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
22. Serve on college committees as appointed.
23. Promote and participate in student and community activities. (I.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events.)
24. Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Instructional Design, Distance Education or related field and one to two years’ experience in Higher Education or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
2. Effective organizational planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Knowledge of adult learning theory and skill in the area of integrated software systems and Microsoft Applications.
4. At least two years’ work experience to include instructional design, curriculum development, web development (including HTML coding, JAVA scripting, forms development, and multimedia production) and/or post-secondary teaching.
5. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public.
6. Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain, demonstrate, facilitate and model the essential functions of the job to ensure quality customer service.
7. Possess the ability to think “outside the box” and to lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner and work effectively with ethnic, cultural and diverse student population.
8. Access to a home office that is private and has an internet speed of at least 10 Mbps to support frequent video conferencing.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * V Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considere