This position is part of the Bureau of Indian Education located at Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, Kansas.
As a Utility Systems Repairer - Operator WG-4742-9 you will be responsible for providing general repairs and preventive maintenance to university facilities, offices, and buildings. Your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Operates and maintains healing and cooling equipment for multiple building complexes.
- Operation and maintenance of the following types of equipment, mechanical compression type cooling units, two-ton window air conditioning units, air heating and ventilating units, hot water heaters and storage tanks.
- Monitors water supply and return temperature, outside temperature, relative humidity and cooling towers.
- Maintenance and service belts and/or changing filters, lubrication, installs worn and broken parts.
- Makes repairs on a variety of commercial refrigeration and air conditioning units.
- Maintains proper steam pressure and temperature by adjusting controls and regulating steam boiler, water pumps.
- Inspects and performs preventive maintenance to boilers and equipment. Provides a variety of services of a general nature in preventative maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, emergencies, general repairs and service calls.
** APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONLINE BY CLICKING THE APPLICATION LINKS BELOW **
Utility Systems Repairer - Operator Application
AND / OR
Utility Systems Repairer - Operator Public Application