The Marketing Director shall be responsible to administrate, maintain and develop the various online media platforms for Sinte Gleska University, including the several SGU website(s), Social Media account(s). In addition, oversee immediate and long-term implementations of the SGU publishing brand. The Marketing Director works closely with the Director of Media, staff and freelance Graphic Designers and members of the Production team to carry out the responsibilities and tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage the conversion and production of SGU books and other formats (Audio, Video, and Print) to digital formats that are retail ready.
· Create and maintain a digital retail outlet (online store) for SGU working closely with the Manager of the SGU Bookstore. Provide financial reports when requested.
· Working within and beside the Development Office and Media Department.
· Research, purchase and learn the Salsa CRM software, and training of staff.
· Creating and publishing and promoting our Monthly Newsletter "Strengthening the Circle".
· Work with the Development Office on fund raising, campaigns, event, and public outreach including graphics and statistics.
· Working with Development Database Manager on the database software/CRM. Working with the Student Organizations.
· Create and produce weekly Lakota Word of the Week, eventually bring back the podcast.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Marketing or a Communications related field required from an accredited university. Master’s Degree preferred.
· A prospective candidate will have a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in media/ marketing/ promotion related Field.
Knowledge & Skills Requirement:
· Proficient with industry programs: Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign: Dreamweaver; various Content Management Systems; Office; operating on an Apple Computer.
· Knowledge of at least basic HTML and CSS; additional languages a plus.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse members and groups of the staff, student body, community and external providers.
· Ability to perform consistently under the pressure of deadlines and other demands.
The SGU employee agrees to maintain strict confidentiality regarding FERPA, HIPAA, and the contents of all Sinte Gleska University correspondence, student records, personnel files and fiscal data.
Sinte Gleska University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
The SGU employee is responsible for ensuring that his/her personnel file is current with regard to official evidence of educational qualifications and experiences. Failure to do so prior to start of the contract year may result in not receiving compensation commensurate with claimed advancement in promotional steps.
To apply submit a completed SGU job application with a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent, Resume, Transcripts, Verification of College Degree(s), Certificates, Driver License, Tribal ID or abstract. Submit completed application with attachments to the HR Department.
For further information contact Vijayakumar Chebrolu, Human Resource Director @ SGU Administration Building or call 605-856-8261/email email@example.com. Applications are available on the SGU website under job opportunities. The position is open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.