Sine Gleska University is looking for a Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor to join our organization and implement training programs for our students and staff. If the client chooses, the Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor is responsible for accurately assessing clients at the start of their journey, compiling reports, and developing their fitness levels. They should be able to assist clients in reaching their goals, and have a passion and drive for health, wellness, and fitness The Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor will also be responsible for having open gym activities for SGU students and staff during various `evenings.
To be successful, a Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor should stay up to date with the latest trends in the fitness industry and provide solutions to your client's fitness needs. He/She should distinguish himself/herself as an outstanding Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor in a highly competitive market while still being a team player. Ultimately, an exceptional Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and be able to add value to a growing organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Supporting the development and delivery of fitness programs.
2. Assisting students and staff in reaching individual goals.
3. Assisting in maintaining and improving the goals of the organization.
4. Ensuring the safety of clients during training sessions.
5. Motivating clients.
6. Be responsible for evening open gym activities, welcoming, providing a safe environment and advertise the activities.
7. Assist the Department Chair Person of Education with CEUs and course planning for interested students.
8. Performing any other duties assigned.
3 days/week – Afternoon/Evening hours.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education or Sports Training Preferred.
· Gym Instructor/Personal Trainer certification.
· Computer literate.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· A professional appearance.
· Focus on client satisfaction.
· Provide outstanding customer service.
· CPR Certified
The Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor agrees to maintain strict confidentiality regarding FERPA, HIPAA, and the contents of all Sinte Gleska University correspondence, student records, personnel files and fiscal data.
Sinte Gleska University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
The Personal Trainer/Open Gym Monitor is responsible for ensuring that his/her personnel file is current with regard to official evidence of educational qualifications and experiences. Failure to do so prior to start of the contract year may result in not receiving compensation commensurate with claimed advancement in promotional steps.
To apply submit a completed SGU job application with a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent, Resume, Transcripts, Verification of College Degree(s), Driver License, Tribal ID or abstract. Submit completed application with attachments to the HR Department. For further information contact Vijayakumar Chebrolu, Human Resource Director @ SGU Administration Building or call 605-856-8261/email email@example.com.
Applications are available on the SGU website under job opportunities. The position is open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.