Under general supervision, perform skilled work in the installation, diagnoses, repair and maintenance of VoIP phones, Rukus wireless network, and a variety of computers and related peripheral equipment, including printers. Keep track of repairs using a trouble ticket system. Some copper wiring and network troubleshooting will be required. Assist SGU employees with their technical needs. Communicate utilizing tact and diplomacy. Willing to perform other duties that includes cleaning, and organizing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Create and maintain users in Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365. This includes staff, faculty and students.
2. Provide laptops and email account for students and assist students if problems occur with either.
3. Plan, assign, schedule, coordinate and perform the skilled work in the installation of VoIP phones, computers and peripheral equipment.
4. Update hardware and software to give SGU users the latest technology and securessystems.
5. Apply good cyber security practices and take necessary steps when a cyber-threat has been identified.
6. Research and make recommendations for the best technologies to be used at SGU. Assist personnel in proper setup, operations and care of computers and related peripherals.
7. Install and terminate Ethernet cabling as needed.
8. Provide and maintain VoIP phonesfor SGU users.
9. Provide and maintain SGU wireless access across whole SGU campus.
10. Record work and repairs using Spice works trouble ticket system.
11. Will be responsible for the set up and monitoring of zoom rooms at Lower Brule and Ihanktowan Community Colleges.
12. Will obtain training on Apple Computers to assist those with their computer needs.
13. Other duties as assigned in the performance of his/her responsibilities and as mutually agreed upon to the benefit of the Sinte Gleska University.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
Any combination of education, training and/or experience which demonstrates ability to perform the required duties. A typical qualifying background would include at least two year of journey level experience in the maintenance and repair of microcomputers and peripheral equipment and electronic equipment some of which included a supervisory or leadership role.
The SGU Computer Technician agrees to maintain strict confidentiality regarding FERPA, HIPAA, and the contents of all Sinte Gleska University correspondence, student records, personnel files and fiscal data.
Sinte Gleska University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
The SGU Computer Technician is responsible for ensuring that his/her personnel file is current with regard to official evidence of educational qualifications and experiences. Failure to do so prior to start of the contract year may result in not receiving compensation commensurate with claimed advancement in promotional steps.
To apply submit a completed SGU job application with a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent, Resume, Transcripts, Verification of College Degree(s), Certificates, Driver License, Tribal ID or abstract.
Submit completed application with attachments to the HR Department. For further information contact Vijayakumar Chebrolu, Human Resource Director @ SGU Administration Building or call 605-856-8261/ email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are available on the SGU website under job opportunities. The position is open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.