Faculty member prepares, teaches Culinary Arts curriculum and evaluates assigned instructional courses (classroom and lab). Uses various teaching strategies, learning styles, and delivery methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement curriculum to teach skills required in Culinary Arts program degrees. Maintains curriculum standards for all courses related to the program. Collaborate in planning process for modifications in curriculum in conjunction with the IOT Department Chair/Project Director.
2. Provide group and individual instruction in the areas of food preparation, cooking methods, baking techniques, cultural food preparation and cooking methods. Provide instruction in safety and sanitation skills. Some travel will be required.
3. Keeping updated of current practices and training methods through professional development opportunities and certifications.
4. Maintain a variety of complete and accurate records for necessary departmental reports. Provides information and documentation for annual program reviews.
5. Assist in various school activities as needed in the area of recruitment.
6. Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance. Conduct on‐going assessment of student progress.
7. Serves as a student academic advisor for the program. Prepare, attend and assist with registration each academic semester.
8. Communicates regularly (formally and informally) with Program Coordinator.
9. Update and maintain all course syllabi based upon the approved curriculum.
10.Assesses, prioritizes and helps make recommendations for equipment for the program and monitors the security of the program's equipment.
11. Serves on college-wide and policy committees as assigned/elected. Attends College and/or administrative meetings.
12. Support the mission of the University, and the mission of the Institute of Technologies Department.
13. Provide required office hours according to faculty contract.
14. Follow the policies and procedures of the University.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
One year certificate or two-year Associates Degree with certification(s) in related field.
5-10+ year work experience in related field.
Must be willing to obtain further certification credentials in related field.
Preferred BA degree, but not required.
Preferred teaching experience, but not required. (Higher education level and/or Secondary)
Preferred online teaching experience, but not required.
Salary dependent upon experience and education in related field with benefits.
SGU employees agree to maintain strict confidentiality regarding FERPA,HIPAA, Title IX, and the contents of all Sinte Gleska University correspondence, student records, personnel files and fiscal data.
Sinte Gleska University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious
preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non- membership in
an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provisionof the Civil Rights Act
of 1964, as amended.
SGU employees are responsible for ensuring that his/her personnel file is current with regard to official evidence of educational qualifications (e.g., resume, transcripts) and other qualifications (e.g., valid driver’s license) Failure to do so prior to the start of the contract year may result in not receiving compensation commensurate with personnel actions and advancement in promotional steps.
To apply submit a completed SGU job application with a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent, Resume’, Transcripts, verification of College Degree(s), Certificates, Driver’s license, Tribal ID or abstract.
Submit completed application with attachments to the HR Department. For further information contact Vijayakumar Chebrolu, Human Resource Director @SGU Administration Bldg. or call 605.856.8261
Vijayakumar.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available on the SGU website under job opportunities. A position description is available upon request. This position is open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.