Under the direct supervision of the Development Office Director, Institutional Research Assistant will provide a single point of contact for gathering and disseminating data about Sinte Gleska University and the students and community it serves.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to:
1. Gathering and creating descriptive graphs and chart data from the SGU Jenzabar system regarding student demographics, academic progress.
2. Gathering and recording data regarding the University systems.
3. Building data sets related to the Rosebud Sioux Tribe for grant support and assistance to program review/development.
4. Publish data from AIMS/AKIS report on web site Facts and Figures page.
5. Assist in data collection for annual reports.
6. Assist program/departments in organizing data for reporting purposes.
7. Performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
1. Associates of Arts Degree.
2. Documented Experience using Excel to create descriptive data reports. Strong skills in MS Office is required.
3. Excellence in written and verbal communication skills across printed, electronic and social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram) as demonstrated by application materials submitted including applicant’s resume, cover letter and examples of communication work products.
4. Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion individually and through examples of communication work products.
5. Demonstrated creativity and experience using innovative communication technologies.
6. Demonstrated experience in publishing information to the public
7. Must be willing and able to work occasional flexible and/or irregular hours.
8. Willingness and ability to travel in-state and out-of-state in support of SGU activities.
9. Must have reliable transportation.
The Institutional Research Assistant agrees to maintain strict confidentiality regarding FERPA, HIPAA, and the contents of all Sinte Gleska University correspondence, student records, personnel files and fiscal data.
The incumbent will report to the Development Office Director. This is a full-time position based at the SGU Antelope Lake campus and will require occasional travel to additional locations campuses at Marty and Lower Brule S.D. Occasional evenings, weekends, and out-of-state travel are also required in support of SGU’s programs, activities, or professional development opportunities.
Sinte Gleska University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious
preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an
employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of
1964, as amended.
The Institutional Research Assistant is responsible for ensuring that his/her personnel file is current with regard to official evidence of educational qualifications and experiences. Failure to do so prior to start of the contract year may result in not receiving compensation commensurate with claimed advancement in promotional steps.
To apply submit a completed SGU job application with a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent, Resume, Transcripts, Verification of College Degree(s), Certificates, Driver License, Tribal ID or abstract.
Submit completed application with attachments to the HR Department. For further information contact Vijayakumar Chebrolu, Human Resource Director @ SGU Administration Building or call 605-856-8261/ email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are available on the SGU website under job opportunities. The position is open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.