POSITION TITLE: Community Education Coordinator JOB STATUS: Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Equity & Extension FLSA STATUS: Salary, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Equity and Extension WORK SCHEDULE: 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
With weekends/evenings hours as needed
SALARY: $42,000 - $48,000 D.O.E
ORGANIZATION AND LOCATION:
Little Priest Tribal College 601 E. College Drive Winnebago, NE 68071
Purpose of Position:
The employee will manage Little Priest Tribal College’s community education and corporate education programs, which provide noncredit courses and workshops on a variety of cultural and professional subjects. The employee will collaborate with college staff and faculty to provide noncredit community education workshops to members of the public, with a focus on traditional HoChunk crafts, office skills, and professional development. The employee will collaborate with college staff, faculty, and tribal organizations to provide noncredit corporate education workshops to employees of tribal organizations. The employee reports to the Coordinator of Equity and Extension.
REQUIRED Qualifications and Competencies:
· Associate Degree
PREFERRED Qualifications and Competencies:
· Bachelor’s Degree
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Select and develop community education and corporate education courses.
· Create a course calendar for each semester.
· Locate and hire instructors.
· Market the courses via flyers, emails, and social media.
· Manage enrollment and attendance.
· Provide logistical support to ensure that workshops run smoothly.
· Evaluate workshops.
· Report on workshops.
· Responsible for the operation of teaching facilities.
· Manage department budget.
· Supervise GED (General Education Diplomas) preparation.
· Provide CEUs (Continuing Education Credits) for qualifying workshops and conferences.
· Maintain confidentiality of student information.
· Coordinate with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness on data reporting.
· Ability to work with diverse constituencies; experience in Native American communities preferred.
· High energy, detail-oriented, comfortable with establishing relationships and speaking in public.
· Team player who can coordinate and collaborate with staff and faculty in order to achieve goals.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and comfortable with learning new software applications.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice. Job descriptions are not intended to and do not imply or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons.
This is a full-time position scheduled for forty (40) or more hours. General work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30–5:00 p.m. but can vary as needed to perform duties as assigned.
Travel may be required occasionally.
How to Apply:
You can visit us on the web at https://littlepriest.edu/jobs-openings/ to complete an on-line application and submit a cover letter, current resume, certified college transcripts, and a letter of reference. Applicants can also submit a paper application, cover letter, current resume, certified college transcripts, and a letter of reference to Human Resources, Little Priest Tribal College, P.O. Box 270, Winnebago, NE 68071 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.