TITLE: Business Instructor
REPORTS TO: Dean of Academics
TOUR OF DUTY: Varies
The instructor will assume responsibility for the delivery of quality education that will ensure that maximum learning can take place and help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their understanding of a specific subject.
1. Assist students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
2. The acquisition of knowledge to improve level of understanding and sensitivity to the Dakota Culture as it relates to student’s performance.
3. Regular reporting to the Dean of Academics on students and curriculum matters.
4. Maintains accurate student records, attendance, emphasizing to students the importance of regular attendance and its relevance to satisfactory performance.
5. Develops and maintains curriculum in areas of instructional delivery. Be familiar with curriculum contents of the course.
6. Continuous effort to improve course content including the development and use of audio/multi – media, computer applications and other hands on activities as appropriate to the course. Prepares and updates course outlines for each course taught.
7. Complies with all College, Tribal, and Federal policies, regulations and laws that govern the College.
8. Participates on College committees and in faculty/staff meetings.
9. May be required to assist with events.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.