Opening Date: April 28, 2023
Review Date: May 16, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Lummi Main Campus, building 18
The salary placement upon hire is based on the selected candidate's education and relevant work experience as outlined in the job announcement and the established salary schedule for the classification of position to be filled.
SCOPE OF WORK
This position requires sufficient accounting skills to work in all phases of General Accounting and Grants and Contract duties and responsibilities. Individuals will be responsible for working with and assisting in the maintenance of our accounting system with proper documentation of processes and procedure. This position will work closely with NWIC leadership to ensure NWIC complies with all documentation and procedural requirements of outside granting agencies/entities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide consultation, and grant budget assistance to all Grant Managers/PI/Budget Authority
2. Provide timely grant budget status reports to the Grant Managers/PI/Budget Authority.
3. Maintain compliance with all grant-reporting requirements.
4. Maintain all grant files in an orderly manner.
5. Maintain all general ledger accounts related to grants and contracts.
6. Prepare program manager reports on a regular and as needed basis.
7. Assist with preparing audit documents.
8. Provide grant information, to those that need to know.
There are no supervisory responsibilities assigned to this position
QUALIFICATIONS to perform the position successfully:
· BA in business or accounting preferred, with five years of accounting experience specifically in grants, substantial, successful experience fund and grant accounting can substitute for degree.
· Must possess recent knowledge of drawing down on grants.
· Must be computer literate with specific spreadsheet skills.
· Knowledge of accounting reports- producing, generating, and defining
· Knowledge of and successful experience in general ledger accounting is required.
· Knowledge of off und accounting is required.
· Knowledge of and successful experience in internal auditing process is required, including full knowledge with establishing and maintain internal controls.
· Must possess effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Experience working in a college setting/team environment.
· Experience with the Jenzabar accounting system
· Experience with and sensitivity to Native American people and cultural customs.
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials directly to the NWIC Human Resources Office only.
1. Cover letter addressing how you meet the position qualifications
2. NWIC Application
3. NWIC Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) form
4. Current and complete professional resume
5. Copies of college transcripts (can submit unofficial copies at time of application)
6. Three letters of recommendation from persons, who are not members of your immediate family, who have firsthand knowledge of your qualifications for the position
7. If applicable to the position, provide copies of certificates/licenses/credentials
The job announcement and application forms are
available online at www.nwic.edu/about-nwic/employment
or may be requested from and submitted directly to:
Northwest Indian College
2522 Kwina Road
Bellingham, WA 98226-9278