UC San Diego
EVC OFFICE BUSINESS OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Hiring Pay Scale: $26.00 - $29.00/hour
The EVC Office Business Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of the Executive Vice Chancellor’s immediate office and ensuring the orderly functioning of the unit. Under general direction, works on operational and/or procedural assignments that require the exercise of considerable discretion and independent judgment in the disposition of sensitive and complex matters of behalf of the Executive Vice Chancellor's Office. Understands the implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
The Business Operations Coordinator administers the day-to-day financial operations for the EVC’s immediate office including recharges, requisitions, purchase orders, payment requests, Procurement Card purchases, and Travel and Entertainment Card expenses. Reconciles problems associated with day-to-day financial matters, and recommends and implements changes and solutions. Coordinates travel and meeting arrangements for the EVC's immediate office executive staff, and reconciles travel and events. Promotes a culture of equity, diversity, inclusion, and respect. Provides superior customer service to internal and external constituents.
Provides general administrative and operational support to the EVC Office, including but not limited to supervision of student administrative assistants, scheduling and coordination of events and meetings, oversight for facilities maintenance, office access, supply inventory and vendor relations, and content management of EVC Office web pages, databases and distribution lists. Responsibilities also include the scheduling and maintenance of a shared administrative complex conference room used heavily by the Offices of the Chancellor, EVC and senior campus leadership. The Business Operations Coordinator additionally serves as the EVC Office's Emergency Operations Officer, and assists with projects of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
This position is designated "Confidential" within the meaning of the Higher Education Employer- Employee Relations Act.
• Regular work schedule is 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, in-person. Occasional overtime and weekend special events such as Triton Days, Convocation and Commencement may be required.
• A cover letter is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in providing full range of high-level independent administrative support combined with proven skill to coordinate complex activities and use independent judgment to organize and prioritize office functions.
• Proven experience processing financial transactions in the areas of purchasing, expense reimbursements, invoice payments, and travel.
• Experience participating in, contributing to, and following through on completion of projects. Experience with administrative leadership, and organizing and facilitating project meetings.
• Demonstrated experience and proven ability to handle a complex calendaring system.
• Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures and processes including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Possesses strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, calendaring, and web-based applications. Demonstrated typing/word processing skills to prepare correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets.
• Requires good verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management skills. Works with and communicates with diverse populations at all levels of the organization using diplomacy, flexibility, and a high degree of professionalism. Position requires strict confidentiality and sensitivity, a high level of organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, tact and independent judgment. Incumbent is expected to conduct themselves ethically and with the utmost integrity in carrying out their responsibilities. Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization and external constituencies.
• Requires interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, organize, and execute events and meetings with close attention to detail, including demonstrated skill in working with vendors, venues, and services. Experience managing logistical details of assigned meetings and events from inception to completion. Ability to coordinate assembly of materials related to protocol visits, special events, meetings, conferences, workshops and other activities as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and organize and establish job priorities to meet deadlines and constantly changing priorities.
• Demonstrated competency and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
• Duties may require direct contact and/or supervision of children (defined as individuals under the age of 18); completion of the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) form will be required.
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community - https://ucsd.edu/about/principles.html.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html