OPEN DATE: March 7th, 2023 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
POSITION TITLE: Director of Student Support Services/Title IX Coordinator
JOB STATUS: Full-Time (on campus)
DEPARTMENT: Student Support Services FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance & Operations WORK SCHEDULE: See below
SALARY: $60,000 - $70,000 D.O.E
ORGANIZATION AND LOCATION:
Little Priest Tribal College 601 E. College Drive Winnebago, NE 68071
Purpose of Position:
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Finance & Operations, the employee is (also a member of the LPTC Executive Council) responsible for the successful operation of all areas under the Student Support Services department. The Director of Student Support Services/ Title IX Coordinator also supports their peers offering guidance and modeling leadership. This is a full-time position and considered exempt under FLSA. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each function satisfactorily.
• Participate in Executive Council meetings as a voting member
· Oversee student activities; such as welcome back week, student orientation, study nights, monthly student activities and workshops, graduation, AIHEC spring student conference
· Oversee grants with American Indian College Fund (AICF) for preview days and college readiness class at Winnebago High School; includes preparation of grant applications and reporting
· Oversee recruitment activities; supervise Recruitment Specialist, plan recruitment activities, and communicate with area high school administrators and local businesses
· Oversee student retention activities; supervise Retention Specialist, work with students who need help academically, and report on retention progress
· Oversee Wakaja Success Center; supervise Learning Lab Specialist, help oversee the Center, and greet students
· Hire and supervise tutors, including scheduling tutor sessions
· Manage College marketing and advertising; develop marketing materials including program brochures, engage with local print and broadcast media, develop relevant social media posts
· Facilitate contracts for relevant activities
· Maintain and update policy documents; Student Handbook, Strategic Enrollment Management Plan, department policies and procedures
· Serve as Title IX Coordinator, liaison with Title IX consultant, and maintain Title IX policies and procedures
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Job descriptions are not intended to and do not imply or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree-Required, Master’s degree -Preferred
· Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
· Able to complete assignments/tasks with attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work effectively with administration, faculty, staff, students and the public.
· General knowledge of higher education policies, practices, and procedures
· Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record to be an approved driver.
· Experience working in tribal organizations or for a Tribal College or University -Preferred
This is a fulltime position scheduled for 40 or more hours. General work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30–5:00 p.m. but can vary as needed to perform duties as assigned.
Travel may be required occasionally.
HOW TO APPLY: You can visit us on the web at https://littlepriest.edu/jobs-openings/ for an application. Applicants should submit a cover letter, current resume, and transcripts to: Human Resources, Little Priest Tribal College, and P.O. Box 270, Winnebago, NE 68071 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At LPTC, we are committed to hiring a workforce that is as diverse and inclusive as the people and communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment practices are free of discrimination. Indian preference applies. All other applicants have equal opportunities of employment irrespective of their race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. LPTC will uphold these principles and ensure that this philosophy is administered appropriately. Arrangements for reasonable accommodations required by disabilities can be made by contacting the Human Resources office.