Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Cybersecurity Instructor
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College, Fort Yates
SALARY: Faculty, Master’s Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Academic Dean
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction and supervision of work experience activities of students enrolled in the Associate degree in Cybersecurity. Provide post-secondary, learner-centered instruction in Cybersecurity in accordance with the Sitting Bull College Mission Statement. Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, life-long learning, as well as personal and professional development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES
1. Provide instruction with the Cybersecurity curriculum.
2. Serve as advisor and mentor for the Cybersecurity students enrolled in the Associate degree in Cybersecurity.
3. Maintain advisee file for each student.
4. Promote and recruit students for the Cybersecurity and information technology programs.
5. Participate in student assessment activities.
6. Establish and monitor a work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student.
7. Update and maintain curriculum in Cybersecurity to meet industry standards.
8. Complete program reviews per established five year schedule.
9. Complete yearly program assessment for Associates degree in Cybersecurity.
10. Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
11. Maintain inventory of department equipment.
12. Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
13. Must communicate effectively with others.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
15. Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
16. Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
17. Serve on college committees as appointed.
18. Promote and participate in student and community activities. (I.e. clubs, Geek Oyate, AIHEC, cultural
events, and volunteerism).
19. Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
20. Complete quarterly IMPACT grant program report.
21. Complete IMPACT Grant tasks essential to meet the requirements of maintaining grant funding.
1. Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or related area preferred, Bachelor’s required.
2. Minimum of five years of experience in Cybersecurity or related field.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug free. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered.