Under the direction of the Vice President/COO, the Student Success Coordinator will develop and build the College’s Student Success Programs and Office to meet the needs of our Tribal and non-Tribal students. They will identify programs that provide holistic personalized student support, coordinate with community partners to provide workshops, talking circles, academic, personal, and social support, and implement student success programs and cultural workshops. They will direct the daily operations of student services programs, develops reports, and implements program policies according to regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Plan and develop goals, policies, and procedures for campus student success programs.
• Research, plan, build, coordinate, and/or lead student success programs, services, workshops, meetings, and outreach events to address student needs.
• Track student progress and maintains various statistical records; analyzes student data to develop intervention strategies and approaches; maintains files for student success.
• Works with students, staff, faculty, and the public to implement student success and equity goals and objectives of assigned areas/programs.
• Perform various support tasks for student success and support programs; troubleshoot and resolve problems, and recommend solutions related to student success services.
• Provide assessment assistance, program analysis and recommendations, and prepare a variety of statistical reports and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on student success programs.
• Conduct incoming student orientation; advise, counsel and guide students on personal, academic, and professional development.
• Prepare and respond to correspondence and other inquiries regarding programs and/or grants; maintain open lines of communication with community leaders and organizations with regards to student success programs.
• Interpret and explain policies and procedures related to student success and equity.
• Coordinate regular non-academic cultural workshops.
• Serve as a member of the Student Early Alert System committee.
• Participate in committees related to program-specific or student service issues.
• Work on committee-assigned projects individually or collaboratively with others.
• Monitor the use of retention programs and the status of referral services; coordinate follow up services with students.
• Increasingly responsible (2-4 years full-time equivalent) experience in an educational setting and prior experience coordinating programs and implementing student support activities for diverse communities; demonstrated public speaking experience. Education and/or Experience
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and three (3) years of related experience
• Experience working with college students in a Student Affairs context
• Experience working in an office environment Required Technical / Other Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word
• Strong academic skills
• Quantitative and qualitative research skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Positive attitude
• Must be sensitive to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of tribal and community colleges
• Must also be understanding of the ability and disability of students
• Graduate/advanced degree preferred
• Experience with tribal education
• Experience working with college administration
• Knowledge of Southern California Tribes
• Qualified Native American applications strongly encouraged to apply
The physical demands described on the attached “Physical Demands of Position” chart are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION This position has access to confidential information – such as student records.
TRAVEL This position may require travel.