Open: August 9, 2022 Close: Until filled
Position Title: Maintenance/Security Assistant FLSA Status: Hourly
Rate of Pay: Starts at $15.00 - Based on experience Job Status: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Department: Facilities and Security Work Schedule: Day and/or Evening Hours
Reports To: Director of Facilities and Security
Purpose of Position:
The Maintenance/Security Assistant will assist in performing general maintenance, safety and security essential functions to ensure the facilities, employees and students are in a safe, secure and orderly environment. In this position work will be completed as requested by the Director of Facilities and Security, assist and support to maintenance with daily activities and projects. This position will assist with securing the premises and personnel by patrolling property and inspecting buildings, equipment and entry points. The position will work towards meeting the mission statement and purpose of the maintenance and security departments and the College.
This position reports to the Director of Facilities and Security. The position is for 8 hours per day, 5 days per week for a total of 40 hours per week. Must be able to work the day and/or evening hours. There will be times when later nights, longer hours, or weekends may be required. Will work with students to schedule working hours around class schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meet the objectives of the college as established by college officials;
· Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment and locking and unlocking facilities;
· Prevent losses and damages by reporting irregularities, trespassers, and etc.
· Assist the maintenance department in securing an area during a maintenance emergency;
· Maintain a professional and effective relationship with the local police and fire departments;
· Ability to work and maintain control in stressful situations;
· Log all security activities;
· Complete reports for all incidents on appropriate form(s) by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses and obtaining signatures; review incident(s) with supervisor;
· Respond to emergencies on college property, report all safety hazards, and cooperate with tribal and local law enforcement as required;
· Attend all college training sessions, staff meetings, and functions on or off campus when requested;
· Maintain confidentiality of records and security incidents at all times;
· Help to maintain a clean and attractive campus;
· Assist in maintaining the overall physical environment of campus buildings;
· Perform basic maintenance functions such as painting, cleaning, snow removal, mowing, janitorial duties and other job related tasks essential to this function;
· Strong desire to assist staff, instructors, and students;
· Close-up campus buildings by ensuring they are locked and alarms are properly set.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Complete assignments, projects, and tasks from inception to completion;
· Attention to detail and accuracy;
· Maintain confidentiality;
· Maintain good working relationships with employees and the public;
· Prepare incident reports;
· Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing;
· Enjoy working with students on campus and the dorms.
· High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree preferred;
· Possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Tribe’s insurance company;
· Ability to stand and/or walk for up to eight hours per shift;
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more;
· Good attendance and report on-time to work;
· One-to-two years’ experience working in a security position field; a certificate indicating completion of a security course would be a plus.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, and application to: Human Resources, Little Priest Tribal College, P.O. Box 270, Winnebago, NE 68071 or email to email@example.com Applicants may also go to the college website at www.littlepriest.edu and complete an application online. All information from above is required when submitting an application.