Job Title: Database Associate
The American Indian College Fund (College Fund) strives to positively impact the lives of American Indians by supporting their higher education and career objectives. College Fund team members believe education is the answer and collectively we raise funds, provide scholarships, and holistically support students in achieving their goals. Programming, research, and enhancing the capacities of tribal colleges and universities are also integral elements of our mission.
The Database Administrative Assistant will provide support to all necessary database integration, manipulation, and operations related to documenting and measuring scholarship program outcomes, student success outcomes and program effectiveness for the American Indian College Fund.
This position must share the College Fund’s Guiding Principles of which respect is paramount. This position requires a team player who can collaborate with staff and departments across the organization to coordinate research efforts. Dedication and responsibility are essential to the role. In addition, strong project management skills are needed to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment while ensuring all assigned tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
Essential Job Functions
1. Supports the day-to-day operations of and the evolving functionality of the College Fund database to serve the needs of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP), Student Success Services (SSS), and Programs Initiatives teams
- Conducts database management and helps facilitate data entry process for College Fund Staff
- Contributes to the development of scholarship and programs data.
- Serves as back up to support communications with College Fund staff database users, tribal college staff and others. Refers complex questions as needed.
2. Data management:
- Supports the integrity, accuracy, and validity operations of all data entered in the database.
- Supports the development of data collection templates and processes to ensure efficient and accurate data imports
- Responds to requests for data from program managers and College Fund staff
- Produces data in support of program, student success, and organizational goals
- Assist in the development, daily operation, and customization of a relational database that serves the needs of the College Fund’s Student Success Services, Resource Development, Research, Evaluation, and Programs staff.
- Provide day-to-day end-user support (including system configuration and system maintenance) and assist users to enhance and increase their understanding of the database.Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
3. Contributes to College Fund efforts to demonstrate student, program and organizational success and outcomes
4. Other duties assigned
- Ability to prepare, format, clean, analyze, and present research data in support of specific projects
- Understanding of how to collect and analyze data consistent with project reporting requirements, College Fund goals, and stakeholder needs
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Knowledge of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools.
- Excellent writing and data management skills
- Excellent communicator who is detail oriented
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines for a wide variety of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Attention to and tolerance for detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across departments as well as with external partners.
Experience & Education
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Office Administration, Management Information Systems
- Up to two years of experience in database administration, office administration, data management or a related field
- Experience in analytic development, research, and program design
- Demonstrated experience with database tools and software (e.g. Zengine, MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB platforms)
- Demonstrated knowledge of WizeHive’s Zengine Platform
- Ability to multitask and balance a variety of project
Work Environment and Physical Activities
- Professional work environment
- Frequent sitting, keyboarding, computer and monitor usage
- Lifting from 10-15 pounds
- Travel as assigned
Note: The intent is not to provide an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned.
Submit a letter of interest, current résumé, three references, and salary requirements (with Word or PDF document combined in one attachment and in the subject line, list your name and Database Associate) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Excellent benefit package and competitive salary.
American Indian College Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer