JOB TITLE: Nurse Education Program Director
PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTION: Aaniiih Nakoda College is seeking a motivated, experienced Director to lead the “Grow Our Own” Nursing Education Program. This is a fulltime administrative supervisory position. Benefits: Paid holidays, health insurance (limited dental and vision), 401K and life insurance option. The Dean of Academic Affairs is the direct supervisor.
- Ensure the Nursing Education (NE) program is implemented as planned.
- Prepares documents needed for NE program compliance.
- Ensure the NE program fulfills its educational and employment objectives.
- Facilitate accreditation of training programs with the Board of Nursing (BON), also making sure regulatory statues and standards on the state and federal level are followed and enforced.
- Coordinates the NE program activities.
- Evaluates NE program staff annually.
- Chairs advisory board meetings and disseminates NE program information to the community.
- Attends the quarterly BON meetings in Helena and networks with all schools of nursing throughout the State of Montana.
- Is the liaison for cultural immersion for other faculty and staff in the NE program.
- Responsible for curriculum development, review and assessment adhering to the regional accrediting body and the accrediting BON.
- Ensure students in the NE program have passed background checks, hold a current health history for clinical work and maintains records on all aspects of the NE program.
- Provide day to day oversight of the clinical contracts ensuring institutional and program policies related to supervision and guidance of students are followed.
- Be responsible for oversight and guidance for all aspects of the RN program.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required; preferred PhD in Nursing.
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a RN in Montana.
- Minimum of two years of experience in nursing and nursing education.
- Administrative experience of nursing faculty and accreditation.
- Experience in oversight of clinical supervision and guidance of students.
- Leadership qualities for ensuring program fulfills educational and employment objectives.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Mission of Aaniiih Nakoda College and possessing interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in curriculum development, review and assessment for nursing education.
- Ability to facilitate student clinical placements throughout the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation and surrounding clinical sites.
- Willingness to travel to any and all selected training sites on and off the Fort Belknap Indian Reservation for student visits and evaluations.
- Exhibits professionalism, reciprocity, kindness, and humility when working with students and faculty; leads by example as a health care leader.
Salary According to the ANC Salary Scale; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit to apply: 1) Letter of Application; 2) Current Resume; 3) Official College Transcripts; 4) Three current letters of recommendations; please have letters of recommendation correlate with the job you are applying for. Please send application to Aaniiih Nakoda College, Assistant to the President, PO Box 159, Harlem, MT 59526. For more information call 406-353-2607 x 3901 or email@example.com. Anticipated start date: As soon as possible. Open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Aaniiih Nakoda College does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference or membership or non-membership in an employee organization except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.