TITLE: RCCNA ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: RCCNA Director
SUPERVISES: NOT APPLICABLE
LAST UPDATE: September 5, 2021
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Incumbent is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support duties from the basic to the complex, related to the needs of the IAIA Research Center for Contemporary Native Arts (RCCNA) and designated IAIA College and Museum of Contemporary Native (MoCNA) personnel assisting in RCCNA’s grant-funded programs. Incumbent will provide office support for the RCCNA Director, Program Manager, Archivist, MoCNA Curator of Collections and Collections Registrar. Incumbent is responsible for scheduling meetings and events, travel arrangements for RCCNA staff and the artists and scholars hosted by RCCNA. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring the smooth operational support for RCCNA staff and other/related administrative needs. Incumbent supports the mission, vision, and core values of the Institute.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
Provide a wide range of administrative support from basic to complex for the RCCNA, which includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Manage phone, emails, and appointment scheduling for the RCCNA. Direct public inquiries to the appropriate RCCNA personnel
- General office tasks: filing, copying, scanning
- Set up equipment and run virtual meetings
- Prepare and submit contracts for RCCNA programs, including guest artists/lecturers, Scholarly Fellows, Artists-in-Residence, grant-funded Internships, and other independent contractors
- Prepare purchase orders and check requisitions for supplies for RCCNA programs
- Maintain Excel database of requisitions and purchase orders as well as hard copy record book
- Attend committee meetings (as needed/requested); take notes, create and distribute minutes, upload minutes to the Learning Management System; coordinate room, food and AV equipment as needed for
- Manage travel authorizations and travel vouchers for RCCNA programs, including RCCNA personnel, Artist-in-Residence, Scholarly Fellows, and other program participants
- Perform data collection and data entry as
- Assist RCCNA Director with special projects and work requests, which may include transcription, editing,
- Assist the Program Manager with task support for RCCNA programming
- Collaborate with RCCNA personnel in creative problem-solving.
- Complete other tasks as needed or
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Must possess a high school diploma and at least two years of responsible administrative support experience of comparable scope and complexity, OR an equivalent combination of directly related education/experience. Must have proven experience working in a fast-paced office environment of similar complexity/size. PREFERRED: AA Degree and/or prior experience working in an academic environment of similar size and complexity.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work under general supervision, as well as the skill to begin projects independently, and to bring projects to conclusion on a timely basis
- Solid hands-on experience of standard word processing and spreadsheet software; as well as other computer capabilities (Outlook, internet, Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote, Google Docs)
- Able to learn new software as needed, such as Slack, Airtable, Wufoo, Survey Monkey, and social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of general office procedures and usage of general office equipment (copier, fax machines, ).
- Ability to maintain current and accurate filing systems
- Demonstrated and hands-on experience with standard budgeting processes (monthly budget reports), purchasing procedures (purchase orders, check requisitions, etc.)
- Ability and skill to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing, using proper grammar, spelling and
- Ability to establish rapport, interact and work successfully with a wide range of individuals including: guest Artists-inResidence, faculty, students, staff, vendors, contractors and
- Ability to resolve operational, communication and/or interpersonal obstacles/conflicts in a respectful, professional and constructive manner;
- Adhere to appropriate standards of conduct and ethics, which includes but is not limited to:
- integrity and honesty
- following directives
- exhibit the ability and flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and changing work environment
- cooperate, collaborate, and treat others at all times with dignity and respect
- participate proactively in problem solving
- attend to meeting/fulfilling job duties/responsibilities
- participate in meetings as
- Must be able to demonstrate pleasant, courteous, and professional demeanor and presence at all
- Must have a clean driving record to be bondable to drive a company
- Ability to complete other tasks/duties as needed or
- Work schedule will be set in agreement with the RCCNA Director.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of times, utilizing a computer workstation.
- Must be able to effectively use all the office equipment listed and not listed in the job
- Ability to read and interpret basic to complex data/information/guidelines/ procedures, etc. related administrative support to a large and demanding academic
- Must be able to carry and/or maneuver items weighing up to 25
- Ensure the security and confidentially of confidential/sensitive related data/information.
- Performance evaluation will include assessment of performance results of job duties as described
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any time, with or without
- This job description does not list all the duties of the
- The job description is not a contract for
- Incumbent may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other