The Assistant Director of New Students Programs provides leadership, vision, and direction to the New Student Orientation (NSO) student staff recruitment, selection, hiring, training, and professional development process. The successful on-boarding of Student Coordinators, Orientation Team Leads, and Orientation Leaders leads to a successful transition of new students and their families. The Assistant Director is responsible for the development of transfer student programming and advocacy for transfer populations during NSO. Additionally, they work closely with the Global Engagement Center to plan and execute the International Student Orientation program. They partner with the Director of New Student Programs to plan, execute, and evaluate the New Student Orientation program, including taking the lead on planning move-in for August orientation and the full spring NSO program for approximately 70 new students. Lastly, the Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the departments communication efforts to new students and their families leading up to the fall and spring orientation programs.
Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience required. Completed master’s degree in higher education, student personnel, or related field and 1-2 years of experience in orientation and transition programming (including graduate assistantships/apprenticeships), or a related functional area in higher education, strongly preferred.
• Experience in orientation, first-year experience programming, and/or transition programming preferred.
• A successful record of demonstrated leadership of student programs; student staff supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
• Desire and ability to inspire new programs that create pathways for new students to develop meaningful relationships, have common experiences, and reflect on who they are as part of their orientation and integration into college life.
• Excellent communicator and presenter.
• Ability to engage a wide variety of constituents, including students, faculty, staff, administrators, parents, and higher education leaders and community agencies.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as part of an awareness about intersectional identities, access, and creating a sense of support and welcome.
For a full job description and to apply visit https://elon.peopleadmin.com/postings/8286
Elon University is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and welcomes all applicants.