SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision of the Dean of Students. The Assistant to the Dean of Students provides administrative support to the division staff by performing a wide variety of clerical duties. Supports the mission of the Institute and serves on Institutional Committees as needed.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
· Types routine correspondence, statistical housing reports, purchase requisitions, and documents.
· Compiles and maintains student incident report files as required by the Dean.
· Monitors the quarterly budget, tracks department expenditures, and advises the Dean on quarterly budget adjustments.
· Makes room reservations for staff on the Event Management System (EMS) and trains staff on how to use EMS.
· Submits and updates the Student Services pages on the IAIA website.
· Receives and routes telephone calls to appropriate staff and to furnish and obtain information when needed.
· Files and maintains a filing system for documents, statistical reports and confidential records.
· Assists with outgoing and incoming mail flow to all staff.
· Provides administrative assistance in the production and dissemination of the annual student handbook.
· Manages department travel arrangements for staff and students and completes division travel authorizations and vouchers.
· Trains staff on requisition processing, Paychex, and use of computers, fax, telephones and copy machines.
· Coordinates work orders for repair and maintenance to facilities and follows up on the status of orders.
· Provides assistance with the coordination of student transportation with the shuttle driver.
· Provides administrative assistance to student services programs and their activities and events as needed.
· Issue and maintains records of campus parking permits.
· Assists with the Student Services & Housing Orientation with new incoming & transfer students.
· Must drive a government vehicle and meet the requirements this entails.
· Provides notary services for the college.
· Coordinates vehicle requests from other college divisions.
· Provides assistance for Student Services sponsored events.
· Approval and maintenance of campus bulletin board postings.
· Scheduling of the division’s First Aid, CPR and AED training.
· Assists Dean with International Admissions and Veteran Education Certification.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent. Three (3) years of office experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines when needed.
· Ability to initiate and maintain current and accurate filing systems.
· Ability to compose correspondence and reports utilizing proper grammar and format.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels and with all people and groups.
· Ability to interact and work successfully with faculty, students and staff as related to job responsibilities.
· Ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner.
· Adheres to appropriate standards of conduct and ethics, including confidentiality, integrity and honesty; follows directives; exhibits ability to adapt to changing work environments; cooperates and works respectfully with others; participates in pro-active problem solving; regularly attends job duties, and participates in meeting as required. Refrains from engaging in rumors.
· Must have a pleasant, courteous, and professional attitude and presence.
· Ability to work with close supervision, to begin projects independently (or as assigned), and to bring projects (or assignments) to conclusion on a timely basis.
· Knowledge of word processing, computer capabilities and standard office procedures.
· Ability to maintain current and accurate filing systems.
Occasional out-of-town travel for meetings and conferences using a personal vehicle or company vehicle.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. Your evaluation will include assessment of your performance of your job as described herein.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment.