POSITION TITLE: Nursing Faculty
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty, Bachelors Level
Faculty, Master’s Level
SUPERVISION: Director, Division of Nursing
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The practical nursing program is directly under the supervision of the Dean of Academics. Faculty members work under the supervision of the Director of the Division of Nursing. Faculty members are responsible for providing instruction and supervision of work experience activities of students enrolled in nursing program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of the Division of Nursing to maintain ND State accreditation for the nursing program.
- In collaboration with the Director of the Division of Nursing plan, implement and evaluate the practical nursing curriculum and program following a written plan and the Sitting Bull College assessment plan.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and update policies for student admission, progression, retention, and graduation in keeping with the policies of Sitting Bull College.
- Prepare and teach courses in the nursing area.
- Promote and recruit students for the nursing program.
- Assist with counseling and advising students enrolled in the nursing program.
- Evaluate student performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student assessment activities.
- Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades.
- Assist with establishing and monitoring a work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student; e) evaluation of preceptors and student learning experiences.
- Maintain an environment conducive to the teaching and learning process.
- Update and maintain curriculum in nursing to meet industry standards. Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
- Evaluate teaching effectiveness
- Participate in activities that facilitate maintaining the faculty members’ own nursing competence and professional expertise in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Participate in other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events)
- Master's degree in Nursing required or a Bachelor Degree in Nursing and currently working towards a Master’s Degree in Nursing with evidence of progression.
- Hold an unencumbered active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Dakota.
- Must be eligible for State Vocational Education certification.
- Minimum of two years of experience in nursing practice.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered.