POSITION TITLE: Criminal Justice Instructor
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty Bachelor’s Level
Faculty Master’s Level
SUPERVISION: Academic Dean
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction and supervision of work experience activities of students enrolled in the Criminal Justice program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and teach courses in Criminal Justice at the Associate and Bachelor level.
- Promote and recruit students for the Criminal Justice program.
- Maintain various reports such as attendance, grades, and other reports as required by administration.
- Evaluate student performance and assign appropriate grades. Participate in student assessment activities.
- Establish and monitor a work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student.
- Update and maintain curriculum in criminal justice to meet industry standards. Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
- Counsel and advise students enrolled in the criminal justice program. Maintain advisee file for each student.
- Serve as a mentor and advisor for activities on campus that require cultural infusion.
- Assist faculty with information to incorporate the culture within all curriculum.
- Maintain inventory of department equipment.
- Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
- Must communicate effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events, volunteerism.)
- Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College.
- Master's degree in Criminal Justice or related area preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be eligible for State Career and Technical Education certification.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the criminal justice profession.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered.