POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Instructor
LOCATION: Sitting Bull College, Fort Yates, ND
SALARY: Faculty, Master’s Level (Exempt)
Faculty, PhD’s Level (Exempt)
SUPERVISION: Dean of Academics
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Responsible for providing instruction and supervision of work experience activities of students enrolled in the bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as advisor and mentor for the information technology students enrolled in the bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. Maintain advisee file for each student.
- Promote and recruit students for the information technology programs.
- Participate in student assessment activities.
- Establish and monitor a work-based/practical learning plan for each student enrolled in the program. This would include the following: a) set up objectives for the work experience; b) locate the job site and supervisor; c) relate objectives to the work site supervisor and student; d) verification of hours completed by student.
- Update and maintain curriculum in information technology to meet industry standards.
- Complete program reviews per established five year schedule.
- Complete yearly program assessment for bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
- Update and maintain course syllabi as needed.
- Maintain inventory of department equipment.
- Establish and hold program advisory committee meetings.
- Must communicate effectively with others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients and visitors.
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required.
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Promote and participate in student and community activities. (i.e. clubs, AIHEC, cultural events, volunteerism.)
- Promote and recruit students for Sitting Bull College
- PhD's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related area preferred. Master’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in information technology.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Tribal background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered.