TITLE: Math / Statistics Instructor
REPORTS TO: Dean of Academics
TOUR OF DUTY: varies
The instructor will assume responsibility for the delivery of quality education that will ensure that maximum learning can take place and help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their understanding of a specific subject.
- Assist students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
- The acquisition of knowledge to improve level of understanding and sensitivity to the Dakota Culture as it relates to students performance.
- Regular reporting to the Academic Dean on students, budgets, and curriculum matters.
- Maintains accurate student records, attendance, emphasizing to students the importance of regular attendance and its relevance to satisfactory performance.
- Develops and maintains curriculum in areas of instructional delivery. Be familiar with curriculum contents of the course.
- Continuous effort to improve course content including the development and use of audio/multi – media, computer applications and other hands on activities as appropriate to the course. Prepares and updates course outlines for each course taught.
- Complies with all College, Tribal, and Federal policies, regulations and laws that govern the College.
- Participates on College committees and in faculty/staff meetings.
- May be required to assist with events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in specific field is preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics is required.
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Proficient with office software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficient with office machinery.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with other departments, answer public inquiries, and interact with significant and influential individuals.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty and integrity.
- Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.