Purchasing Assistant (Full-time)
Opening Date: September 21, 2021
Review Date: October 5, 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: NWIC Main Campus
Salary: $14.00 to $17.52 per hour Max DOE
This position is funded by the COVID‐19 CARES Act grant, with continuation dependent on available funding. All duties will be focused toward the preparation and safety management of all students and staff during this pandemic.
The salary placement upon hire is based on the selected candidate's education and relevant work experience as outlined in the job announcement and the established salary schedule for the classification of position to be filled.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Assistant will provide assistance to the Purchasing Department in accordance with the Northwest Indian College procurement policy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with work orders and verify accuracy of account numbers, descriptions, amounts and
- Assist in the daily tracking of the COVID grant funded Provide weekly and monthly updates to Purchasing Manager.
- Assist in filing management of COVID grant funded items, including hard copies kept within the office as well as electronic
- Provide assistance to employees who have questions regarding work orders and requirements.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to maintain internal controls of document
- Work closely with Purchasing Manager and Maintenance Director with ordering PPE supplies for main campus.
- Provide support to the Extended Sites and Director of Extended Sites with PPE supplies and or resources based on need in coordination with the Purchasing Manager .
- Assist in tracking shipping schedules and with maintaining purchase
- Maintain cordial business working relationships with vendors and NWIC
- Provide customer service regarding purchase orders requests to employees and
There are no supervisory responsibilities assigned to this position
QUALIFICATIONS to perform the position successfully:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer service experience
- One year of full-time work experience working in Purchasing
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and meet eligibility requirements for tribal
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials directly to the NWIC Human Resources Office only.
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the position qualifications
- NWIC Application
- NWIC Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) form
- Current and complete professional resume
- Copies of college transcripts (can submit unofficial copies at time of application)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons, who are not members of your immediate family, who have firsthand knowledge of your qualifications for the position
- If applicable to the position, provide copies of certificates/licenses/credentials
The job announcement and application forms areavailableonlineat
or may be requested from and submitted directly to:
Northwest Indian College
2522 Kwina Road
Bellingham, WA 98226-9278