Testing Center Coordinator (Full-time, 12 months)
Opening Date: September 20, 2021
Review Date: October 4, 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Lummi Main Campus
Salary: $36,845.00 Max DOE
The salary placement upon hire is based on the selected candidate's education and relevant work experience as outlined in the job announcement and the established salary schedule for the classification of position to be filled.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Testing Center Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Center for Student Success staff and NWIC faculty to be the primary test examiner for main campus and will be responsible for data entry, file maintenance, and providing information on services to NWIC students, staff, faculty, and sites.
The Testing Center Coordinator is required to handle assigned undertakings with minimum supervision and direction. The position also requires strict adherence to confidentiality and professionalism, given the sensitive nature of educational materials and student records. The Testing Center Coordinator also is required to perform specialized tasks on the computer, run reports, use spreadsheets, and maintain databases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer the placement test to new students either remotely or in-person, including entering scores into the campus database system.
- Establish a welcoming environment in the testing center and answer general questions regarding placement testing and student services.
- Offer guidance on appropriate placement pathway.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain the budget for the Northwest Indian College Testing Center. This includes, but is not limited to, paying all invoices relating to the Pearson VUE testing services and Placement testing units, evaluating expenses and revenue, analyzing the fee schedule, and forecasting financial impacts on the Testing Center.
- Serve as primary test examiner for main campus. The examiner will be in charge of protecting the security of all test materials and equipment while ensuring a positive testing experience for all students.
- Collaborate with site managers to provide adequate training annually or as necessary.
- Proctor placement test in a timely manner in collaboration with Math and English Faculty.
- Program maintenance, evaluation and assessment. The Testing Coordinator will be in charge of maintaining the testing program in accordance with state policy and guidelines as well as providing adequate reports to Northwest Indian College administration.
- The Testing Coordinator will be responsible for collecting data pertaining to student experiences and using it to improve upon testing programs. The Testing Coordinator will be responsible for inputting placement data into the Jenzabar system, and maintaining databases, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Maintain compliance with all testing service provider requirements.
- Act as the liaison between Northwest Indian College and Pearson VUE as well as the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
- Coordinate testing scheduling and test results with other college or community programs.
- Proctor exams for faculty as needed.
- Engage in student outreach to encourage GED candidates to complete the program and provide any support necessary to meet this goal.
- Serve as a member of the Retention Committee and take an active role in graduation planning in respect to GED graduate participation.
- Select and train a backup GED Examiner/Pearson VUE proctor who will administer the test in the event that the Testing Coordinator is not available, collaborating with Admissions staff.
- Assist in running various reports for faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
As Chief GED examiner the Testing Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing one back up GED/Pearson VUE proctor as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED to perform this position successfully:
- Associate’s degree in a relevant field of study
- One year’s experience in teaching, training, counseling or testing
- Experience working in a Tribal College
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- Direct testing experience
- Pearson VUE certification
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials directly to the NWIC Human Resources Office only.
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the position qualifications
- NWIC Application
- NWIC Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) form
- Current and complete professional resume
- Copies of college transcripts (can submit unofficial copies at time of application)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons, who are not members of your immediate family, who have firsthand knowledge of your qualifications for the position
- If applicable to the position, provide copies of certificates/licenses/credentials
The job announcement and application forms are
available online at www.nwic.edu/about-nwic/employment
or may be requested from and submitted directly to:
Northwest Indian College
2522 Kwina Road
Bellingham, WA 98226-9278