The American Indian College Fund (College Fund) strives to positively impact the lives of American Indians by supporting their higher education and career objectives. College Fund team members believe education is the answer and collectively we raise funds, provide scholarships, and holistically support students in achieving their goals. Programming, research, and enhancing the capacities of tribal colleges and universities (TCUs) are also integral elements of our mission.
The Program Officer for TCU Student Success will identify, manage and advise student enrollment management strategies programming in Student Success Services. The purpose of this work is to support transformative strategies that will increase enrollment, persistence and completion rates of TCU students through systemic and capacity building programming for TCUs that are holistic, place-based, and collaborative student supports.
The Program Officer will support TCUs in their institutional efforts to implement a strategic enrollment management model with expanded student supports. The Program Officer will collaborate with and provide technical assistance to participating TCUs in guiding their program implementation, community partnership outreach, and data collection. Collaboration with Student Success Services and inter-departmental colleagues at the College Fund to meet organization goals and objectives is also expected.
Essential Job Functions
Lead the Overall Implementation of Strategic Enrollment Management Programming
- Guide, monitor, and provide technical assistance for TCU teams in their design, implementation and evaluation of their strategic enrollment management programs. Supports include site visits, regular check-ins, trainings and technical support.
- Provide support to implementation teams on community outreach and recruitment to increase enrollment.
- Work with TCUs to explore and partner with community and national organizations and resources to build holistic student support services to increase enrollment and engagement that are specific and relevant to TCUs.
- Identify and expand on extra-curricular and co-curricular community-based opportunities at the participating TCUs to include community service and internships.
- Maintain project budget with updates to the Senior Program Officer.
- Organize convenings with participating TCUs.
- Collaborate with participating TCUs and the College Fund research and evaluation team on data collection goals and reporting criteria.
- Implement donor required reporting process. Includes collaboration with the College Fund grant team partners.
- Occasional travel to sites to provide support and technical expertise to program participants and partners.
Support Student Success Strategic Initiatives and Objectives
- Build relationships with participating TCUs.
- Stay current and up to date on latest trends involving persistence and retention of Native student college going culture and higher education institutional practices.
- Present at conferences and support grant team presentations.Collaborate with Research and Evaluation, and Programs teams at the College Fund.
- Work with the Student Success Services team and assist other team members in meeting departmental and organization goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well within a diverse team and across departments
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to organize, lead, and achieve objectives within deadlines
- Personal characteristics sought include initiative, discretion, mature judgment, positive behavior and performance
- Knowledge of and/or interest in learning about American Indian/Alaska Native education
Required Education/ Experience
- MA in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs, or related field and/or four years of work experience in an education related setting
- Experience in grant management and program implementation
- At least two years of experience in student affairs at a higher education institution
- Experience in working with underrepresented communities
- Experience working with tribal nation communities and knowledge of American Indian/Alaska Native culture
- Expertise in higher education enrollment and retention strategies
Work Environment and Physical Activities:
- Some travel is required for this position.
- This position is often required to pack boxes and lift them for shipping, and to lift equipment (computers, printers, recorders, screens, etc.), up to 20 to 30 pounds
- Frequent keyboarding and viewing computer screen
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Please put your name and the job title in the subject line.