Job Title: Apprentice Instructor – Plumber
Reports To: Director of Operations TOCC Development LLC
Status: Full-time/ Regular/ Exempt
Salary: $55,000 annual
SUMMARY: The Plumber Apprentice Instructor is instrumental in the development and success of the plumber apprenticeship program. In addition to teaching plumber apprentices, the knowledge and skills that they need to be successful in the construction industry, the Instructor will work to provide apprentices with OJT opportunities. The Instructor will support the T-So:on (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag Our Beliefs, T-Apedag Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida Our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta Working Together.
- Operating as a Foreman, the trade instructor leads the crew of apprentices on the job to complete community and contracted projects, and evaluates apprentices’ overall job performance; tracking apprentice attendance and progress;
- Provides estimates for community and contracted projects, including labor hours and materials needed; developing and managing project budgets.
- Performs apprentice skills training and assessments;
- Working with apprentices on the job;
- Administering NCCER Performance Profiles;
- Mentoring and advising apprentices;
- Overseeing the maintenance of program facilities; supervising the operations of machinery and equipment;
- Developing service offerings to the community;
- Assist in the teaching of the related instruction;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma;
- Four years of journeyperson experience in that trade.
Additional Consideration May Be Given To Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in the related field or trade;
- Approved by an NCCER Accredited Training Sponsor (ATS) Representative and certified as an NCCER instructor;
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham and/or Spanish.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native peoples.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offences within the past two years.
- Must successfully pass a background check and finger print clearance.
- Licenses may be required depending on area of assignment
- Journey person level;
- Principles of project estimating:
- Jobsite safety and injury prevention;
- Apprentice evaluation methods;
- Standards of business ethics;
- Principles of crew leadership.
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Conducting research;
- Evaluating apprentice performance;
- Crew leadership;
- Construction math to create estimates;
- Instructing and advising apprentices;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.