POSITION DESCRIPTION: Spirit Aligned Leadership Program Senior Program Associate
ROCKEFELLER PHILANTHROPY ADVISORS: Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that advises and manages annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the largest philanthropic service organizations, facilitating grant making to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as fiscal sponsor for more than 40 projects; providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
LEADERSHIP OF INDIGENOUS GIRLS AND WOMEN PROGRAM: The Spirit Aligned Leadership Program aims to strengthen Indigenous communities’ capacity to address pressing systemic problems and oppressions by investing in and elevating, the innate power of one of the most undervalued assets of North America…Indigenous women and girls. As the Spirit Aligned Leadership Program continues to grow in scale and complexity, RPA continues to serve as fiscal sponsor. For more information, please go to www.spiritaligned.org
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Program Associate (SPA) works closely with the Program Director to provide high-performing programmatic and administrative support. The SPA must maintain effective working relationships with and facilitate the flow of information among, team members, leadership fellows, i.e., Legacy Leaders, and external stakeholders; is expected to use skillful oral/written communications and organizational skills to carry out the diverse responsibilities of the position; and will work closely with the program’s offices in Akwesasne, NY and Billings, MT.
OPPORTUNITY: This is a significant opportunity for a dynamic person to use their skills, experience, and the strength of a collaborative team approach to advance indigenous women’s leadership. The Senior Program Associate will have the opportunity to meaningfully engage with indigenous women leaders from throughout the United States and Canada. The successful candidate must be a team player who has experience working and living with indigenous peoples.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Senior Program Associate is responsible for supporting the Program Director with the following:
1. Legacy Leader communications, outreach, selection, orientation, communications, service delivery, programmatic outcomes, sisterhood alumni alliance, etc.
2. Program/project management support for communications, marketing, website, social media, etc.
3. Coordinate program meetings, virtual and in-person.
4. Other programmatic support as needed or assigned.
5. Online Platform Management and Support: Zoom, Submittable, Gmail & Calendars, Dropbox, Concur, Microsoft Office, Word Press, YouTube, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
6. Financial support: assistance in drafting contracts, review & processing invoices, reports, track monthly expense reports, etc.
7. Manage the orientation and training of new consultants and staff.
8. Liaise with remote offices in Akwesasne, NY and Billings, MT & facilitate team building
9. Maintain and update program calendar
10. Manage and update Box documents
11. Available for continuing professional development
12. General Office Maintenance
13. Engage in the overall work of the Spirit Aligned Leadership Program with thoughtful accountability and compassionate collaboration
Note: This description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands, and working conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of the Program at the sole discretion of the Program Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Senior Program Associate should have:
- Associates Degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Indigenous communities in a team approach of collaboration and partnership
- Minimum of 2 years of experience coordinating meetings and general office management
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, and be self-motivated
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, take direction, and provide collaborative team support
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer technology and social media platforms
- Experience working with diverse Indigenous communities, cultures, and age groups
- Excellent judgment, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mac OS, and databases
- Experience with credit card reconciliations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required (in person, via e-mail, and on telephone), and ability to compose effective, thoughtful correspondence
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion
- Willing to become trauma informed with the relationship care of Indigenous women
SUPERVISOR: Program Director, Spirit Aligned Leadership Program
LOCATION: Bozeman, Montana, preferably but willing to consider virtual employment with the condition that successful candidate travel to Bozeman for quarterly meetings, and as requested by the Program Director. Travel expenses will be reimbursed and/or company funded.
STATUS: Full time FLSA (OT ELIGIBILITY): Exempt
SALARY: $75,000 + negotiable
BENEFITS: RPA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, and professional development.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Go to: https://spiritaligned.submittable.com/submit/a8706f02-e502- 4c2f-941b-ea8b0070345f/senior-program-associate-2021 to complete the application form. START DATE: As soon as possible and no later than OCTOBER 18, 2021