Position Title: Veterinary Science Director/Instructor
Location: Sitting Bull College
Fort Yates, ND
Salary: Faculty, Bachelor Level (Exempt)
Supervision: Dean of Academics
Summary of Work:
Sitting Bull College is seeking a dynamic, experienced Vet Technician to provide instruction and internship oversight students enrolled in the associate of applied science degree program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction for veterinary technician students in lecture and laboratory settings.
- Facilitate demonstrations, observation, and evaluation of student essential skills performance.
- Maintain laboratory environments for instruction by assembling necessary resources.
- Serve as an advisor and mentor for vet tech students enrolled in the A.A.S. program.
- Promote and recruit students for the vet tech program.
- Establish and monitor an internship learning plan for each student enrolled in the vet tech program which would include: a) set up objectives for the internship; b) locate internship sites and identify onsite supervisor; c) verify internship hours completed by student.
- Update and maintain curriculum in vet technology to meet accreditation standards;
- Complete annual program assessment for the A.A.S. degree in veterinary technician program.
- Complete program reviews per established five-year schedule.
- Maintain inventory of department equipment.
- Hold advisory committee meetings.
- Provide friendly, helpful customer service to students, clients, and visitors,
- Attend all scheduled college functions and meetings as required;
- Serve on college committees as appointed.
- Remain current in the field of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Technician and/or Veterinary Technician Education through a variety of professional activities.
- Perform other essential job functions as assigned by the Dean of Academics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology from an AVMA/CVMA accredited program.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a Vet Tech.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Clinical experience with both large and small animals.
- Knowledge of the Certified Veterinary Technician's role in the veterinary profession.
- Experience working with Certified Veterinary Technicians in a clinical, research, and/or academic setting preferred.
- Knowledgeable and experience working with federal and tribal programs.
New hires are subject to Federal. State Tribal background checks and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing. Must be drug and alcohol free. AA * EEO * M * F * B Employer
Please submit: Cover letter, Resume, official transcripts, 3 current reference letters signed and dated (1 from immediate supervisor), certificate of Indian blood (if applicable), copy of Social Security Card & Valid driver’s license & SBC Background check to:
Personnel Office Sitting Bull College 9299 HWY 24 Fort Yates, ND 58538 (701)854-8004
Any applicant not having the above documents enclosed will not be considered