Position Summary: The faculty member should have an interest in and ability to teach students at the associates level as well as the baccalaureate level and be committed to working with a diverse range of student interests and abilities. Depending on qualifications, the faculty member will teach a broad range of courses in Chemistry including; beginning and advanced chemistry and biochemistry. The faculty member should have an interest in and ability to work with other faculty to integrate reading, writing, speaking and quantitative reasoning across the curricula.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Teach assigned courses in Chemistry or related disciplines as appropriate;
- Develop and implement curricula for Chemistry/Chemical Sciences as appropriate for Associates and Baccalaureate Degree programs;
- Work with faculty to integrate reading, writing, speaking and quantitative reasoning across the curriculum;
- Use technology to support instruction including but not limited to; online, ITV platforms and learning management systems;
- Assist CMN Recruiters with recruitment efforts for Math and Science majors;
- Assist with Academic Advising for CMN students for Math and Science majors;
- Assist in the development of strategies aimed at increasing student retention in the Math and Science degree programs;
- Assist Academic Tutoring staff;
- Participate in CMN committee, accreditation and assessment processes;
- Participate in community service within the college and surrounding communities, and outreach activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters degree in one of the following fields; Chemical and/or Physical sciences, related fields may be considered;
- Minimum of 1-2 years teaching experience at the undergraduate level and/or at a community college;
- Strong written and oral communications skills as well as advanced computer skills;
- D. in Chemical and/or Physical Science, or related field with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience at the undergraduate level;