Job Title: Receptionist
Reports To: Dean of Student Services
Status: Full time/ Regular / Non-Exempt
Salary: $15.00 an hour
SUMMARY: The receptionist operates the PBX or multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls, directs callers to appropriate personnel, and performs general clerical duties. The Assistant will support the T-So:son (Our Core Values) including T-Wohocudadag – Our Beliefs, T-Apedag – Our Well-Being, T-Pi:k Elida – Our Deepest Respect and I-We:mta – Working Together.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel;
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department;
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable;
- Answers questions about the Tohono O'odham Community College and provides callers with address, directions, and other information;
- Greets and welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel; Monitors visitor access;
- Provide College wide tours to visitors;
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications;
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves/routes incoming faxes;
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary;
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying and collating;
- Runs errands as needed;
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Three to six months related work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of word processing software.
Additional Consideration May Be Given To Individuals with the Following Qualifications:
- Ability to speak and understand O’odham and/or Spanish.
- Knowledge and understanding in the history and contemporary issues facing Native people.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS :
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license with no DUI's or major traffic offenses within the past year.
- Customer service principles;
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered;
- Demonstrates attention to detail and follows through on commitments; Maintains confidentiality; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things;
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in a group problem solving situation;
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments;
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds effectively to questions;
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar;
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Treats people with respect regardless of their status or position;
- Follows policies and procedures; supports the college’s goals and values; Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Follows instruction; responds to direction from immediate supervisor; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan;
- Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Providing customer service;
- Filing and maintaining records and files
- Processing information utilizing established procedures;
- Using modern office equipment;
- Maintaining office equipment;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.