We recognize that we are all related, interdependent, and that our collective voice is powerful and necessary in to ensure a world where our future generations can thrive. We believe that Indigenous knowledge and ways of being must guide us in developing and implementing solutions to address the issues our communities currently face.
We are seeing a Communications, Marketing, and Development Manager who can be our storyteller, who can capture and share our history, impact, and ambitions – as an organization, as a network of Native-led nonprofits, and as Native people. You will work with our Executive Director, fellow employees, and a small team of consultants to plan, implement, and reflect on communications and fundraising activities that inform, educate, and garner support for our work and network.
As Communications, Marketing, and Development Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of communication activities, such as producing content and building engagement across media platforms, including social media, our website, and email lists. You will also be responsible for fundraising and donor relations, including grant writing and reporting. Strategic planning and use of communications will positively impact Native-led nonprofits, and ultimately Native communities, nationwide.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Communications & Marketing
- Establish long- and short-term calendar of communications activities consistent with NWF goals and plans.
- Clarify target audiences with the Executive Director and the methods to reach each audience.
- Establish Brand Guidelines for consistency in internal and external communications for images, fonts, publications, voice, messaging, etc.
- Maintain and update NWF’s media platforms, including the website, Facebook, Twitter, and MailChimp.
- Identify and write stories and content for NWF media platforms following communications calendar, audience segmentation, and brand guidelines.
- Create and edit graphics and images for use on media platforms.
- Proactively engage with similar pages and content creators on social media.
- Seek news media coverage and coordinate media requests.
- Analyze and produce reports on media platform performance and impact. Test and improve strategies for audiences and communications methods.
Development & Fundraising
- Establish and evaluate development and fundraising strategy.
- Grow foundation support by maintaining relationships, seeking and managing funding opportunities, and writing grant proposal reports.
- Grow and manage individual donor support.
- Establish and maintain donor database.
- Prepare regular reports on grants and fundraising.
- Experience working for a Native-led organization, Tribe, or business.
- Intimate knowledge of Native communities and culture.
- Minimum 5 years combined experience (education, degree, interning and/or working) in fundraising and development, marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related fields, and in creating content and materials.
- Ability to learn new digital platforms quickly and experience with website content management systems (we use WordPress), email distribution systems (we use MailChimp), Microsoft Office, and media design software (for example, Canva or Adobe Creative Suite).
- Worked for a nonprofit or foundation.
- Planned and implemented communications and marketing strategies that have grown an organization’s audience and increased audience engagement.
- Created and led fundraising strategies.
- Managed multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines independently and in teams.
- Established and maintained relationships with people and stakeholders with a diversity of backgrounds (demographic, experiential, and cognitive).
- Demonstrated superb writing and editing abilities, including when communicating complex, systemic issues to a variety of audiences.
This position may require extended periods of sitting with computer and screen use, and some repetitive movements.
HOW TO APPLY
Email the following items to Executive Director Carly Bad Heart Bull at email@example.com
- Up-to-date resume
- Work samples
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians are encouraged to apply.