A curious, organized early career professional who will provide support for a range of Arabella’s philanthropic clients, with a focus on driving resources to where they are needed most through grantmaking and grants administration.
Associates on the Advisory Team play an essential role in supporting delivery of excellent client service – including: grants and program management, communications and deliverable development, research and analysis, and project support, including logistics coordination and administration – as well as internal projects. Associates will work on a portfolio that is primarily focused on grants and program management, and may include strategy and evaluation projects across multiple issue areas.
This position can be located in our Washington, DC, Durham, NC, or Chicago, IL office.
Essential Responsibilities Client Service (~80-90%)
Grant Making and Program Management:
- Support the implementation of grant application processes and communications to applicants, including drafting requests for proposals and proposal scoring tools and determining selection criteria and application requirements
- Conduct review and analysis of grant applications and potential grantee organizations on behalf of funders, including building systems to efficiently track proposal submissions and applicant information
- Contribute to designing and executing equitable programs and initiatives that support grantees, including learning networks, newly created organizations, and donor collaboratives
- Contribute to meeting and conference planning on behalf of clients, including agenda development, speaker preparation, and participant management
- Support the regular administrative needs of a portfolio of client projects, including frequent email communication with internal and external stakeholders using Outlook, scheduling interviews, meetings, webinars, and focus groups, note-taking for internal and client meetings, knowledge management in SharePoint, and project administration in Arabella’s Salesforce interface, Manifest
- Provide additional administrative support as necessary
Research and Analysis:
- Conduct, compile, and maintain background research for client projects (e.g., global health issues, climate and energy, education reform, etc.)
- Transcribe, synthesize, and analyze notes from interviews with subject matter experts and field leaders, identifying key takeaways and communicating those to team members
- Support survey administration, data management, and analysis
- Conduct qualitative data analysis and quantitative data analysis using Excel, SPSS or other relevant tools, as necessary
Communications & Deliverable Development:
- Support the drafting, revising, and formatting of client reports, presentations, memos, and correspondence using email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Produce visual representations of research findings, such as Excel charts, PowerPoint slide decks, and infographics
Internal Projects (~10-20%)
- Internal Strategy & Team Objectives: Contribute to team- or firm-wide strategic initiatives
- Training and Professional Development: Participate in ongoing training throughout the year and contribute to trainings to support new colleagues
- Support firm-wide internal projects