Under the supervision of Mental Health Services Leadership Team Clinician, the Mental Health Provider - Student of Color Focus will provide clinical services and campus-based programming for UW-Madison students with a focus on serving students of color. This provider will offer assistance in the development, implementation, and evaluation of services for underrepresented students in an integrated health center. In addition to direct mental health service, this provider will develop collaborative consultation relationships with community partners that serve underrepresented populations, especially those that serve students of color. To this end, the Mental Health Provider - Student of Color Focus performs the following:
A. Direct Clinical Service (65%):
1) Provides individual and group therapy services, primarily for students of color
2) Participates in the provision of on-call mental health services (during business hours);
3) Provides programming and consultation to campus partners through outreach services;
4) Additional options for Direct Clinical Services may include:
1) Responds to campus crises as they occur;
2) Provides integrated primary care behavioral health interventions within UHS Medical Services;
3) Provides couple/partner therapy services;
4) Provides services in a language other than English;
5) Administers and interprets limited assessment measures.
B. Administrative Duties (35%)
1) Maintains accurate and timely documentation for all clinical interactions and consultations;
2) Involved in the development and implementation of programs and services related to focus area;
3) Collaborates with providers and staff in UHS units and with campus partners;
4) Follows agency policies and procedures consistent with state mental health statutes, ethical guidelines, best practices, HIPAA, and FERPA;
5) Attends staff, committee, and workgroup meetings as assigned;
6) Other duties as assigned;
Degree: For Counselor or Social Worker Title: Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or other related mental health field
For Psychologist Title: Doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
Required: Minimum of one year experience in a mental health setting.
Preferred: Minimum of two years' experience in a mental health setting with a focus on serving clients of color.
Strongly preferred experiences of the candidate include:
1) Demonstrated interest and experience in serving clients of color;
2) Experience in an interdisciplinary college mental health treatment setting;
3) Experience in brief intervention and mental health crisis assessment;
4) Experience in consultation and collaboration with campus or community partners and provision of campus-based services/outreach including experience developing campus-wide programs that focus on serving students of color;
5) Demonstrated attentiveness to intersectionality & health disparities, and commitment to continued development of cultural competencies;
6) Experience participating in multidisciplinary teams including medical providers and/or academic faculty/staff.
Please see posting for full details